Taylor Wessing is proud to co-sponsor the UK Fast 50 for the third consecutive year as it reflects our position as the leading law firm for the technology growth sector.
As a rapidly growing technology business, you will need to tackle a number of legal challenges, perhaps including:
- Protection of IPR, likely to be the company's key asset
- How best to tie-in the founders and incentivise key people
- Advice on how best to structure contractual arrangements with suppliers, customers and partners
- Privacy / data protection and the rules around cookies and use of consumer data
- Funding rounds
- Immigration and employment issues
- Tax and structuring issues
- Perhaps eventual sale / other exit route
Taylor Wessing is an international law firm with a leading Technology practice. What makes us different is our significant SME / entrepreneur / growth technology focus, as well as our forward thinking approach to serving clients. We think creatively about business issues and are constantly looking for new and better ways to add value with truly innovative solutions that help to grow our clients' businesses. Taylor Wessing has worked with tech start-ups and more established tech companies, both from the UK and abroad, for many years. We understand the needs and requirements of companies operating in all technology related sectors, and work with clients to add real value to their business decisions and growth.
Who we are
As part of one of the world's largest institutional investors and with a history going back to the early days of Venture Capital in the 1960s, Fidelity Growth Partners Europe (FGPE) can draw on a breadth of experience and resources few VCs can match. Fidelity invested in Atari before Space Invaders and in MCI before the telecoms revolution, and was involved hands-on in turning them into technology icons.
We have been operating in Europe for over a decade and our latest £100 million fund was launched in 2010 to help European entrepreneurs build global success stories. Recent investments include the UK's leading online marketplace, Notonthehighstreet.com; fast-fashion online brand, Stylistpick and health & wellness marketplace, Wahanda. Some of the recent successful exits include a government CRM software company Curam Software (IBM) and digital life enabler NewBay Software (RIMM).
Why we are different
FGPE differentiates itself through its hands-on, immersive approach when it comes to supporting investments and opening doors for them within the technology sector and beyond. We are 100% reference-able with our portfolio CEOs and proud of the bonds we have built with our companies.
Adding to this is a flexible approach to deal structuring, driven by the needs of the entrepreneur, and the ability to move quickly, with minimal distraction to the business during the due diligence process.
What we do for clients
FGPE can provide support for portfolio companies in the following areas:
- Winning new clients and building new business partnerships
- Helping formulate companies' growth plans, including prioritising the product portfolio and developing an international expansion roadmap
- Using our strong industry connections to assist portfolio companies with hiring senior executives capable of taking the business along its growth path
- Supporting entrepreneurs with establishing beachheads (sales, offices) in new geographic markets, in partnership with our international sister funds in the US and Asia
- Growing the business to achieve maximum exit value for the entrepreneur.
Contact: Davor Hebel, Partner - 020 7074 5610